A budget 50 litre compressor fridge that works!
The new DC 50 is built to the same size at the ever popular Waeco CRX50 or the Virtrifrigo C51i but is stripped back for better value
With the prices always increasing on the 50 compressor fridges for VW transporters this a cheaper alternative
It is the same physical size at the competitors but for a more reasonable price
And on our tests it performed slightly better than a Waeco (see pictures)
Solid metal construction with rear mounted compressor
Digital read out display which turns its self off when selection is made to conserve energy
Sturdy mechanical door travel latch with chrome cover
Currently only available with R/H opening hinge (As on pictures)
Please note you cannot change the hand of the door on this fridge
- Capacity 50 litres (44L fridge & 6L Freezer)
- Operating Temperature Fridge: 0°C – 10°C
- Operating Temperature Freezer: -12°C
- Coolant: R134a, totally CFC free
- Isolation: C-penntane, totally CFC free
- Input power: 45w
- Power Supply: DC12v/24v (automatic changeover)
- Appliance weight: 16Kg
- Fridge measure 380mm W x 525mmH x 510mm D
What do i get in the box?
- 1 x DC-50 Fridge
- 1 x Ice making tray
- 1 x Operating Instructions
What warranty is there?
- You get a 1 years manufacturer warranty form date of purchase
- This includes replacement parts only
Magnum’s additional install and operating instructions:
The user manual supplied with the new DC-50 does cover the basics but does not give great detail when it comes to installing and operating.
For installation we would suggest a direct feed to a leisure battery and not to go via any control unit. The supply cable should be 1mm cross section for every meter of run. So for example a 3m run you would require 6mm cross section cable. We would also suggest a 15amp inline fuse and an isolation switch.
There is no external flush fitting frame available for these fridges, they are designed that you screw through your housing into the side of the fridge through the metal bodywork. Please ensure you do not go more than 10mm into the body of the fridge.